The Flight of the Monarch event celebrates the annual migration of the monarch butterfly from North America to Central Mexico. This very family friendly event brings in over 7,000 people to Grand Central in Grand Prairie.
Saturday, Sept. 24, 2016
Time: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Location: Grand Central, 2975 Esplanade, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
(State Highway 161 between Arkansas Lane and Warrior Trail)
• Remote parking is available to and from the event.
• Monarch butterfly releases at noon 2pm & 4pm, kite flying, bumper boats, kid zone with bounce houses, rock climbing, children crafts, arts and crafts vendors, food, live music and so much more!
• Live music by Trout Fishing in America and Dana Louis & The Glorious Birds
• Restrooms, food & drinks, ATMs, areas of shade and areas for sitting are all available.
• Monarch butterfly releases at Noon, 2pm & 4pm. First come, first serve. Don't miss out!
Information: Grand Prairie Parks, Arts & Recreation Department, Mae Smith, 972-237-8107 / www.GrandFunGP.com